Sunday, January 11, 2009

Always Expect the Unexpected

As any mother knows, Always Expect the Unexpected! That is how you can describe my day. I was going to start off my blog tonight with a totally different subject, but thought this was definitly more suited to what happens in the days of my life...this might find some of you laughing, either bc you could never see this happening to you, or it already has....

*Reader Discretion Advised - If you have a weak stomach you may want to pass on this one* LOL

I am signing on tonight and I hear a frantic Ayden calling my name from downstairs, "Mommy, Mommy, Oh Mommy, there is a flood in the house!". My heart sinks. Thoughts are racing through my mind..."Did I load the dishwasher wrong? Did I put too much detergent in the washer?". I jump up and rush downstairs only to find water rushing out of the downstairs bathroom into the living room. And it's not just tap water, oh no....it's poopy water. Ayden sees my face and starts explaining..."Mommy I tried and tried to flush the toilet but it wouldn't go down, I think I used too much toliet paper". I am running around grabbing any available towel I can find within reach to stop it from getting on the hardwood floors. I feel the nausea beginning as I am cleaning up the poopy pee water. My socks and jeans are soaking and I am debating in my mind quickly how I am going to get the towels and me to the laundry room. I strip down, and grab all the wet clothes and towels hop over to the laundry room and dump them in the washer.

So, Sundays are my only days off right now. Most people are relaxing or cooking out on Sundays. Maybe watching the games or a movie. Laughing with friends over dinner. But me? I'm in my underwear mopping up poopy water from the bathroom floor and plunging the toilet. YUCK and GRRRRRR! I am so glad no one else was around to see that. No, scratch that, I wish it was Ayden's dad having to clean up the poopy mess. Yeah that would be nice let him have to clean up a mess for once. LOL Nope no such luck for me. But that's okay. I'll just chalk it up to another day in my single mom life. I would have taken pictures of the mess, but I thought I'd spare you. I think this blog is enough.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On a sweeter note, we welcomed a new addition into our family today. She is a sweet stray cat, black and white long silky hair with green eyes. A friend at my parents church found her and took her in. She wasn't able to keep her and my mom being an animal lover offered. But with already having 3 dogs and a cat she knew it would be too much so she thought of me. We just had to adopt out our golden, Sam, to a loving home bc I am never home to spend time with him or let him out like dogs should. Ayden was sad and I was missing a buddy. I knew a cat would be the perfect solution. They don't mind being alone and they are much easier to take care of. So, we went and picked her up and she is just the best! She is so loving and follows me around everywhere, like a dog. I think she is only about a year old. She had to have been an indoor cat according to my mom's friend bc she has been so well taken care of. We haven't decided on a name yet, any suggestions are welcome :) As I am typing now she is sitting on my desk watching me. Here are some pics...



Well, that's it for tonight! I think I am pooped...wow bad choice of words there. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll write again soon! Love you all!
XOXO,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment